The problems of the Vovchynets Hills are investigated16.01.2019 Category: News
As part of project “Management and Utilization of Urban Forests as Natural Heritage in Danube Cities” implementation a survey for users of the urban forest located on the Vovchynets Hills was conducted to identify the main problems faced by visitors to the area.
After interviewing nearly 130 respondents, we can identify the following main issues:
– lack of garbage containers, public toilets
– absence of zoning of the territory and recreational areas
– absence of equipped places for rest
– no proper road infrastructure
– no comfortable pedestrian and cycling infrastructure
– unsettled observation deck
– the territory is not enriched, there are no street furniture
– unrestricted recreation areas
– no proper safe entrance and drainage from the carriageway
– broken branches of trees
– small number of information pointers
– lack of service
– building site
– burning garbage on the Hills
– ineffective use of it’s potential
– pollution of the environment due to the irresponsible attitude of the visitors of the Vovchynets Hills!
The project «Management and Utilization of Urban Forests as Natural Heritage in Danube Cities ” is being implemented within the Danube Transnational Program funded by the EU funds (ERDF, IPA, ENI). The responsible partner for implementing the project activities in Ivano-Frankivsk is the Investment Policy Department of the Executive Committee of the Ivano-Frankivsk City Council. More detailed information about the project on the micro site http://www.interreg-danube.eu/approved-projects/urbfordan.